Once again Hartlepool labour is putting out the lie about NHS privatisation and UKIP. They do it all the time they lie and misrepresent our NHS policy because they know firstly we are the true threat to them politically and also because they want to deflect from their own terrible record of NHS privatisation under Tony Blair.
The fact is UKIP’s NHS policy is clear for everyone to see in our 2015 manifesto. UKIP will keep the NHS in the public sector and free at the point of use. We also pledged an extra 12 billion pounds to the NHS at the last election when the labour party wouldn’t even accept any extra money for the NHS at all.
Tony Blair’s Labour party started the privatisation of the NHS with the NHS act 2006, PFI and Foundations Hospitals.
- When Labour came to power in 1997, spending on NHS managers was less than £190m. By 2010 this had increased by 450% to over £1bn per year.
- Labour wasted £11bn of taxpayers’ money on a failed IT project which was eventually scrapped by the NHS in 2013.
- Labour lumbered the NHS with vast PFI repayments ‐ £50 billion worth of loans which are costing £300 billion in repayments.
- Labour started the privatisation of the NHS. They brought in the 2006 NHS Act that introduced competition into the NHS.
- Labour introduced competition into the NHS: Competition Act 1998, Enterprise Act 2002 & Public Sector Procurement Regulations 2006.
The privatisation of our NHS ballooned under the last Labour government. UKIP believes the NHS should be about patient care, not filling the pockets of rich businessmen.
Labour know that UKIP is the only party that can beat them in Hartlepool as the last general election proved a vote for the Tories is a wasted vote that only keeps Labour in. At the last general election, I came within a 4% margin of taking Hartlepool for UKIP it was the fourth best result in the country and the best result for UKIP against the labour party in the whole country.
So don’t be fooled by the Labour party’s lies on UKIP’s NHS policy, we in UKIP Hartlepool always have and always will fight to protect our NHS and oppose the failed NHS privatisation done by past Labour and the current Tory government. The fact that Hartlepool Labour is putting out these lies once again only shows how truly desperate they are.
Phillip Broughton – UKIP Hartlepool General election candidate 2015